Four and a half kilometres from the centre of Barisardo, this beach is 8 kilometres long and one hundred metres wide. The Torre di Barì beach is split in two by the rocky promontory on which the Spanish watchtower is located. Built in 1572 to defend the territory from Saracen pirates, the fort overlooks the sea and the shore. The northern part of the beach, characterised by golden thick-grained sand and demarcated by a scented pine grove at the feet of the basaltic plateau called Teccu, is traditionally called mari de is ominis (the men’s sea). It is separated from the southern part, characterised by thin white sand and small pebbles, called mari de is feminas. This separation dates back to the post-war years, when the two parts of the beach were attended by men and women, separately.