Selegas is at the heart of the Trexenta subregion, perched between two valleys at the foot of Monte Nuritzi. It is a town with 1,400 inhabitants and an agricultural tradition. The name derives from the abundant cultivations of rye - the ‘black bread’ of the Roman commoners - or from segetes, ‘cereals’, then ‘land of Ceres’, the harvest goddess. Even the urban structure is typically rural, with low-rising houses, their façades embellished with murals that depict the local activities and community and the ‘renaissance subjects’ of painter Liliana Cano. The Sa Domu De Perda event in July is dedicated to these wall paintings. In the ‘heart’ of the town is the parish church of Sant’Anna, in the Gothic-Pisan style of the 12th-13th century, enriched by its marble altar. The bell tower has four bells, the oldest (1608) being engraved with Seligas.