Size, complexity and architectural originality of the dwellings and of the places of worship are the features of a priceless heritage of Nuragic Sardinia. The village-sanctuary of Romanzesu stands on a plateau in the locality of Poddi Arvu, in a forest, near the source of the river Tirso. It is part of the territory of Bitti, which is 13 kilometres away, and it extends for seven hectares. All in granite, it includes about one hundred huts, many hidden by the trees, and various buildings of worship: a shaft temple, with a stepped amphitheatre, two with a megaron, one rectangular, one heeron (with amber artefacts) and a mysterious maze. The name of the place comes from the Roman settlement of the 2nd-3rd century AD. The first information on this site is dated 1919: it was discovered by the archaeologist Antonio Taramelli. Seven excavations that took place at the end of the 20th century have brought us fragments of pottery, bronze and lead.