It is situated two and a half kilometres from the residential area, in the open countryside, on the Campeda plateau, in a portion of the vast and fertile territory of Semestene, which has revealed important archaeological evidence. The church of San Nicola di Trullas (or Truddas) stands on the ruins of an ancient site: it was originally a villa dating back to the Roman period, on which a Camaldolese monastery was established, along with a surrounding village, during the Middle Ages. It was built at the behest of the Athen family (prior to 1113) and donated to the Camaldolese monks, who added it to the monastery. The first information on it is in the condaghe of San Nicola di Trullas (12th-13th centuries).